This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connecting a HikVision DVR (security cameras) to the DMZ port for outside (WAN) access on a SG-105 UTM.

I apologize pro-actively if this has been answered elsewhere. but I couldn't find anything amount a DMZ configuration.

We have a Hikvision DVR that communicates on port 8000.  I have the DVR connected to the DMZ port on our SG105 box with a DMZ address of 192.168.150.1.  Our LAN address is 192.168.149.x.  I have the following configuration and firewall settings for the DVR:

#1: Internal Interface on eth0: 192.168.149.251/24

#2: External WAN Interface on eth1: 17x.x.x.x/28

#3: DMZ Interface on eth2: 192.168.150.251/24

#4: Internal (Network) -> Port 8000 -> Any.   #This is to connect to another HikVision DVR at another facility 

#5: Internal (Network) -> any -> HikVision DVR (192.168.150.1). #This is to connect my LAN to the DVR connected to the DMZ port.

As it stands, I can communicate to the DVR perfectly from within the LAN to the DVR connected to the DMZ port.  Works beautifully.  Can't complain there.  I can also connect perfectly from the LAN to the other DVR at another facility.  Not a single issue on the LAN side.

The problem is that I am unable to communicate to the DVR from the outside world.  Specifically, we use our smartphones to view the cameras when we're not on-site.  The other site is not using SOPHOS.  It was basic port forwarding.  I can view it no problem from a smartphone.

This is the only site using a SOPHOS appliance.  Can someone please point me in the right direction to forwarding WAN traffic to port 8000 to the DVR Host?  I've tried every conceivable configuration I could find here in the SOPHOS community as well as other areas.  It seems to be something with my using the DMZ port.  Due to the way our physical wiring is, I have to plug the DVR into the open DMZ port on the back of the unit.  I cannot plug it into the LAN network unless I purchase an external switch which I'd prefer not to.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data