This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Working with traefik

Hello,

Traefik is a Docker-aware reverse proxy and i want to use it for my dmz sites, some of then in docker container and other deployed "normaly" like Outlook Web Access (OWA), so i need to set up a reverse proxy and expose ports 80 and 443 and i want to use let's encrypt. Is it safe transfering all the traffic from Sophos UTM to traefik app? What is the best way to do it?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Olá Sergio,

Is there a reason you don't want to use the UTM's reverse proxy (Webserver Protection)?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello,

My only problem is using Let’s Encrypt in the docker containers where my sites are. Some docker container doesn't expose ports or folders, and there fore Let’s Encrypt cannot reach my container. Traefik does that for me. Is there a way that i can do it with Sophos? If not, how can i securelly use traefik with the UTM?

Thanks - Sergio

• That's a very specialized need and probably outside of the type of question that gets good, quick answers here.  You might try asking the Traefik community how to use Traefik with an existing firewall.  Good luck!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA