This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

limit bandwidth usage

How I can configure on UTM9  "Network Traffic Quota" that allows me to specify the data transfer limit. Example: User X is limited to 10 GB data transfer in a week.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hala Sherif and welcome to the UTM Community!

I don't think you can define a time period different from a day (midnight to midnight, I think).

In Web Protection you can set a quota per-user-per-day on a website or category of websites.

In 'Quality of Service', you can define a Traffic Selector using more- or less-than a number of KB.  That selector can then be used in a Bandwidth Pool or Download Throttling rule where you can select "Shared, Each source, Each destination or Each source/destination" address.

It's difficult to know what to recommend without knowing what problem drove you to imagine this solution.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hala Sherif and welcome to the UTM Community!

I don't think you can define a time period different from a day (midnight to midnight, I think).

In Web Protection you can set a quota per-user-per-day on a website or category of websites.

In 'Quality of Service', you can define a Traffic Selector using more- or less-than a number of KB.  That selector can then be used in a Bandwidth Pool or Download Throttling rule where you can select "Shared, Each source, Each destination or Each source/destination" address.

It's difficult to know what to recommend without knowing what problem drove you to imagine this solution.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data