This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Password of the Day for Hotspots

Hello Everyone,

So it seems we are facing a new issue. Up to now we haven't experienced any issues with the Password of the day function for Sophos. Currently, we have an SG105 in place at a client. I noticed after awhile that no emails were getting sent. Since then I realized that it, the firewall, will send to any emails such as self-hosted, etc. However, it will not send an email to any Office 365 accounts?!

So far we have messed with whitelisting, spam filter, rules, and looked through other settings in Office. We contacted a Sophos rep who didn't seem to know what to exactly do. The most information I could find was when I performed a message trace and received the following

"Office 365 received the message that you specified, but couldn't deliver it to the recipient (****.com) due to the following error:

Error: 550 4.3.2 QUEUE.TransportAgent; message deleted by transport agent

A non-delivery report (NDR) message was sent to *sender*. The NDR might provide more details about why the email message wasn't delivered and how to fix the issue."

I really hope someone can help with this. It would be great to figure this out so we can document it for the future!!

Thanks,

Mike

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Mike and welcome to the UTM Community!

What if you whitelist or skip anti-spam for do-not-reply@fw-notify.net in Office 365?

Cheers - Bob
    PS Moving this thread to the management forum.  The UTM Manager forum is for questions about the SUM application used to manage multiple UTMs.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. I went through and added the fw sender address to both of the above-mentioned items. Unfortunately, that did not work for me. I'm still a bit puzzled as to what it could be. I'm still receiving the password at the specified times on our accounts from the exchange server but nothing office 365 is getting them.

Thanks,

Mike

• What happens if you telnet to your MX record from your UTM and have an SMTP conversation with it?  My guess is that it will still reject you as spam.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • -----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Architect

• Hi Balfson,

How exactly does one go about telnetting from the utm?

• What I typed is bolded.

secure:/root # telnet alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com 25
    Trying 64.233.190.27...
    Connected to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 mx.google.com ESMTP d6si62707qkj.34 - gsmtp
    EHLO fw-notify.net
    250-mx.google.com at your service, [54.198.6.73]
    250-SIZE 157286400
    250-8BITMIME
    250-STARTTLS
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-PIPELINING
    250-CHUNKING
    250 SMTPUTF8
    MAIL FROM:<do-not-reply@fw-notify.net>