This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Ethernet bridge big problem on Internal network

Hi everybody,

i installed ASG 210 REV2 2 weeks ago for a customer an  and try to finalise today with some AP55 on it with. I want to use my 5 Ethernet ports insead the customer's 100Mbps switch (from other provider) and 1 Fiber port.  When i've cchange my configuration from Ethernet to Ethernet Bridge for eth0 with the same IP, i lose completly my connection with the UTM (Webadmin, ping,SSH). I have to factory reset my UTM many times to recover my acess and reconfigure it.... No data trough the bridge

I'don't understand wher my problem is going from.... 

Im in 9.509

Thanks for ideas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut,

I guess that you need a firewall rule like 'Internal (Network) -> Any -> Internal (Network) : Allow'.  Any better luck with that?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Good point, Bob.  I forgi that in my first (failed) attempt, remembered it on the second try, then forgot it in my posting here.   Because I am using my bridge to connect to an existing perimeter firewall, my firewall rule was any-to-any, for service any.   This was safe because the other firewall is implementing the primary traffic filtering rules.

• Good point, Bob.  I forgi that in my first (failed) attempt, remembered it on the second try, then forgot it in my posting here.   Because I am using my bridge to connect to an existing perimeter firewall, my firewall rule was any-to-any, for service any.   This was safe because the other firewall is implementing the primary traffic filtering rules.

Children
No Data