This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connecting to wireless 5Ghz antenna with both PPPoE for WAN, and static ip for antenna management.

So...

One of my ISP's have given me a new 5 Ghz antenna. Same as the old antenna this antenna enables WAN connectivity through PPPoE.

In addition, as most antennas, there are local management features available through a static IP address and/or DHCP.

My current challenge is to do this with only using the one WAN connection used with PPPoE.

Solution 1) (preferred)

-One WAN interface used with both PPPoE, and a static IP  / DHCP for the management part.

At present I'm unable to find how it possible to do anything on the same eth in the UTM once a PPPoE has been configured.

Solution 2) ... easy ... but what a waste...

-One WAN interface used with PPPoE, and one interface used with static IP / DHCP for the management part.

With this solution the two interfaces would be connected to a switch, adding another point of failure, and the antenna connected to the switch also.

I do have NIC's available on the UTM in question, and also do have switch'es "spare" ... but feel this solution is just a waste.... 

Suggestions on enabling solution 1 is most welcome. 

UTM has a lot of potential, but I'm not shure why creating a static network connection is disabled once a PPPoE interface is defined on UTM 9....

This thread was automatically locked due to age.