This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPv6 Delegated Prefix not working with some ISP's.

I maintain several UTM 9 systems at various locations.  We are in the process now of enabling IPv6 at each of these locations.  We've been using HE tunnels in the past, but are now switching to native dual stack IPv6 where it's available.  I've seen posts by others in this group that have tried this and it works.  But it's not working for me anywhere.  We have users with cable modems on Comcast, Brighthouse, and Cox.  I don't think Brighthouse is offering IPv6 here in Central Florida, but the other 2 are AFAIK.  Here's what I've done:

1. Change the modems to bridge mode.

2. Enable IPv6 in UTM 9.506-2.

3. On the External interface, check the box for "Dynamic IPv6".

After waiting a few seconds for the firewall to get it's IP address from the ISP, the IPv6 tab will show it got an IP address, like "Native over External (WAN): 2001:558:6004:2:x:x:x:".  However, it does not get a Delegated Prefix or a Subnet.  Just that IP address.  And this happens with Comcast and Cox, and at multiple locations.  I tried also checking the "Default Gateway" on the external interface, but that made no difference.

Is there some secret to getting a Delegated Prefix?

Thanks,

Jim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.