This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

CLI - Display WAN IP

Hello,

I have installed a new VM with Sophos UTM. If i check the CLI i see "All configuration is done with WebAdmin. Go to https://80.x.x.x:4444 in your browser".

Question: Why is here not the LAN IP displayed?

After some Port Scan and try to access with the WAN IP - nothing is working - seem to be good - but i'm little a bit confused about the message.

Thank you for the feedback.

Best regards

PrintScreen:

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

tjhe message is very simple, you do not configure the UTM using CLI unless directed by Support. All configuration work is done via the gui.

Not displayed probably because it has a lower priority NIC, but more than likely you have not connected the LAN interface in the VM eg not active.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Oops!  You configured the Internal interface with the IP you want on your External interface.  Change your client PC to have an IP of 80.x.x.y, connect to eth0 and you should be able to login.

I would do a factory reset immediately and then configure the LAN interface correctly.

Alternatively, you could login as root at the command line,

edit /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Save that file and

reboot

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you for the replay.

@rfcat_vk: the LAN Interface is working fine and is a internal IP

@Bob: eht0 is the WAN Interface and has a external IP. The eth1 is the LAN Interface and has a internal IP. Everthing is working fine and if you check on the webinterface I see that the Interfaces are corretly configured. I can login with the internal IP without problems. The confuising thing is, that of the CLI a see the external IP.

Thank you for the help.

Best regards

• Hi,

I solved the problem a time a go but i forgot to write back - it was a problem with the vitualization.

Best regards