This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dual Wan configuration

Hi all,
I'm new user of Utm 9 Home edition and I've a problem with dual Wan configuration.
I installed Sophos Utm (9.505-4) on a Qotom Q355G4 with Intel I5 5250U, 8 Gb Ram, 128Gb SSD and 4 Lan ports.

At home i've two internet connection, one "Fastweb" Fiber 100/50mbps and "Wind" Adsl 20/1mbps.
The first connection have 1 static IP, the second have dynamic IP.

I would like to configure the firewall so that Lan and Wifi use the Fastweb ISP while wifiguest uses the Wind ISP, and in the case of Fastweb's failure the navigation switched to Wind. How can I do?

Before this firewall I had a Sonicwall TZ 215 witch security services expired and could do it, (two Wan in Failover/balancing and a routing rule for the wifiguest network).

sorry for my English, I'm Italian. thanks in advance for the help

Bye
Patrizio

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Ciao Patrizio and welcome to the UTM Community!

Use Multipath rules to bind traffic to a specific interface.

There's a new capability to guide traffic that goes through Web Protection utilizing a separate Web Filtering Profile - How to change the outgoing interface for Web Filtering.  Instead of doing step 3, execute the following at the command line:

cc http enable_out_interface 1

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Ciao Patrizio and welcome to the UTM Community!

Use Multipath rules to bind traffic to a specific interface.

There's a new capability to guide traffic that goes through Web Protection utilizing a separate Web Filtering Profile - How to change the outgoing interface for Web Filtering.  Instead of doing step 3, execute the following at the command line:

cc http enable_out_interface 1

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Hi Bob,

thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry for the delay for the reply but the ISP decided to update my connection from ADSL to VDSL and I was without the second line for 5 day.

I followed your instructions, it works perfectly.

This Sunday I will try to use the new capability with a separate Web filtering Profile.

thanks again for the Help.

Cheers

Patrizio