This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web filter allow everything only block malware

Hello, 

I have the UTM set up at home and would like to turn the webfilter from block everything and allow exceptions to allow everything and block certain things. Basically all I need it for is to block malware on the network but I noticed that filtering blocks a ton of things that I need add exceptions for. I have the https scanning set up with certificates to all of the computers. Is there anyway to do this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If i'm correct there's a category 'malware' that can be selected. If you just allow everything and only block malware in your web filtering profile, I think you are close already. When scanning and decrypting HTTPS, beware that you will keep maintaining exceptions because there are some sites that simply don't work with a "man-in-the-middle".

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• Yeah this is how I have it set up but that is exactly what is happening. Some sites/aps especially on iphone don't work with https scanning turned on ( even with SSL imported and root access turned on) without exceptions and one app called CardNav shows nothing in the firewall or webfilter log that is being blocked but it does not work. It is a banking app that lets you manage your cards and it says trying to establish a secure connection and then it says no internet available, I have to be on LTE to get it to go. UTM might be blocking a port?

• Https scanning is a whole different set of issues.

Clients need to have the UTM root certificate installed.   Sites with certificate configuration errors will be blocked.    Suggest disabling this feature for now.

Reply Children
No Data