This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1 time scheduled reboot through WebAdmin

Hey guys! I've searched the forum for the answer to this, but can't seem to find the answer. Its probably because the answer is that its not possible.

I know I can schedule a reboot after a firmware update through WebAdmin, but if the firmware is already up-to-date, there is no option to schedule a reboot that I can find. Just something as simple as reboot at 5am tomorrow is all I want. I would LOVE it to be through the WebAdmin.

I understand from my searches on the forum that I can use a Chron job to accomplish this also. If the WebAdmin, for whatever reason, doesn't have this feature (and it should IMHO), then I would really appreciate someone pointing me to a starting point for the Linux newbie in setting up this Chron job.

Thanks for your time!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Matt, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Why do you want to do this?  Is this a home-use scenario?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Well I will attempt to not sound terse, but it shouldn't matter why I want to do this. The option should be available within the GUI to schedule a reboot of the device.

But yes, this is in production use for my company. I was attempting to narrow down an internet issue with AT&T and didn't want to have to wake up just to reboot my UTM, but it already happened and I already did.

Thanks

• Well, Matt, I was terse when I said, "(Maybe there's a different way to solve the underlying issue.) Why do you want to do this?"  I've been helping folks here for a decade and too many people want help making a less-than-optimal solution work.  Not your case.

To find the answer to your question, Google:

site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f "scheduled reboot"

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA