This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to customize browser (tab) title for ALL pages?

Hello everybody,

the current configurations on UTMs affecting the title bar only within the logged in surface. Without a logged in user the title is always "WebAdmin", which makes it hard for KeePass to distinguish between several UTMs. What do I have to do to configure the browser (tab) title for ALL pages?

Customizing the head of the pages is also not supported via web GUI and will be overwritten every other time a firmware update is performed. I really have the feeling that Sophos doesn't believe in their own products, as they seem to expect that a customer will buy and maintain only ONE SINGLE device.

Regards
-Robbie.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, Robbie, and welcome to the UTM Community!

Have you configured the 'User Preferences' tab in 'Management >> WebAdmin Settings'?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hey Bob,

thanks for Your reply. This setting doesn't work recently, but strange: now it does. At least ;-) So I can match my KeePass again.

I hope that Sophos is going to offer a customizable background color and logo that persists over a firmware update.

Bye :-)

• In 9.502-4 it (still) doesn't work... When logged in, it shows the complete string configured, but when not logged in it is just Webadmin and nothing more.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• That's exactly what I've experienced recently. And now I have the same behaviour in Chrome. It was obviously a configuration of my Firefox: The html source code reads "WebAdmin". Weird ...

Therefore @Sophos: Go and fix that asap!!!

• I almost exclusively use Chrome, but just also checked IE and Edge and they do the same..... Haven't installed Firefox and not willing to do so just to check this.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.