This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Re-routing a DNS requesting for WebAdmin

Hello,

Can someone please assist on re-routing a dns http request? 

192.168.1.110 LAMP VM Server for Let's Encrypt SSL cert - test.house

Sophos UTM 9.5 host name is also test.house - setup with a free SSL cert. test.house

LAMP-VM has a DNS static entry of test.house

The problem is when I browse to my UTM WebAdmin, https://test.house:4444 - its going to my LAMP-VM and not UTM WebAdmin.  80 & 443 need to keep going to LAMP-VM, just not port 4444.

I spent couple hours last night fiddling with DNS static entree's, and DNS Host and putting them DNAT & Full NAT and go no where.  Learning about Certs took way longer than I hope but now I know the process CSR, using openSSL to create a P12 etc etc.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks in advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • First of all, it's not wise to have multiple clients in the same network using the same FQDN, you will get issues for traffic arriving at the wrong place.

What you could do is the following:

Make sure UTM is the only device listening at your FQDN and then in UTM either use the Web Application Firewall (WAF) for routing webrequests to your LAMP machine or create a DNAT rule for traffic arriving at UTM on the desired ports (HTTP(s)) to NAT destination to your LAMP server.

If your DNS-server will only give the IP of your UTM back when requesting the FQDN, then this should work.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

• First of all, it's not wise to have multiple clients in the same network using the same FQDN, you will get issues for traffic arriving at the wrong place.

What you could do is the following:

Make sure UTM is the only device listening at your FQDN and then in UTM either use the Web Application Firewall (WAF) for routing webrequests to your LAMP machine or create a DNAT rule for traffic arriving at UTM on the desired ports (HTTP(s)) to NAT destination to your LAMP server.

If your DNS-server will only give the IP of your UTM back when requesting the FQDN, then this should work.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.

Children
No Data