This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any ideas why i am not seeing any network data in the reporting ?

Hi fellow Sophos users,

installed UTM 9 a few days ago , love it ! great network traffic info , BUT now for some reason im not seeing any traffic at all on 2 NIC's ... i know eth 2 is a busy network and according to the pic below , no more traffic is being logged/shown on the chart : 

i know this network constantly is busy , as it has security cameras only on it..

any ideas would be most welcome 

thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

when you look at the UTM GUI do you see any traffic in the graphs?

Do you have logging enabled?

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Ian,

thanks for responding. Yes i see traffic in the graphs , was working well since the initial install 3 days ago , but suddenly the counters have gone to zero::

Weekly view of eth 2:: you can see it was logging since install, then suddenly dead....

Daily view of eth 2 :: What's strange about the daily view is that as of 08:30 this morning , there is no data being logged , its been 8 or so hours and still nothing.... its almost like there is a cache issue or something like that.. cant figure it out...

Ive seen some other posts that state that blowing/rebuilding some type of DB then restarting HTTPD services fixes this but i cant seem to find that thread now , and im not sure that would even work... any suggestions welcome :-) 

cheers

Chris 

• Hi,

what version are you running and did you perform the manual database upgrade as per the forum?

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

• Hi Ian,

I am running version 9.502-4 and yes i performed the manual DB rebuild as well , strangely if has rectified some issues, like now i am able to generate a web report , executive summary where i previously could not. according to some on this forum , the manual DB rebuild would destroy any previous logging data , but for my build , it seems that the previous data is still there ..

you mentioned DB upgrade , are you talking about something different than a rebuild ? i have not seen any posts about upgrading as such , do you think that is an issue ? 

cheers

Chris 

• Hi,

the latest UTM release involved a DB upgrade as distinct from a DB rebuild.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

• Thanks Ian, so good to know that im on the latest and the rebuild has also been completed . regarding the data that should have been blown away when i did the rebuild , curious that its still there , that said , all good :-)

thanks for your advice mate

Reply Children
No Data