This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to set the Date & Time correctly in UTM 9

I have an ASG625 with firmware version 9.501-5. The issue is that, in the UTM device's Time and Date tab under Management, System Settings, I set my Timezone to Asia/Riyadh. After that I set the correct local time and date. The system prompts me to reboot the UTM device which I did. After rebooting I went back to check if the date and time were saved successfully. Unfortunately Only the Timezone and Date were saved but the local time reverts back to it's default time which is 3 hours advance than the actual local time. I tried the above step for 3 more time but still the same. This time I change the Time to the correct local time but I did not reboot the system. This solution is only temporary.

Is there a permanent solution for the above issue?

Many thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi and welcome to the UTM Community!

This may be another "undocumented feature" of V9.5, but let's look at what you're doing.  When you changed the time zone and the time, did you press the Apply button in each box?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob, thank you for replying.

After changing the date and time i click on "Apply" button and ask me to reboot. After rebooting the time is about 3 hours more than my set time.

If I will not reboot my device after changing the time, I observed that after after 3 days the time is 1 hour more than the current time.

Any one can shed light on this? Many thanks in advance.  

• Please show a picture of the 'Information' that pops up when you click on [Test Configured Servers].

Cheers - Bob 

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA