This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fallback log filling with "Kinit failed: Client not found in Kerberos database"

Hi.  My fallback log is constantly filling with messages like this:

2017:05:19-08:40:18 portal [daemon:err] winbindd[25866]: [2017/05/19 08:40:18.792234, 0] libsmb/cliconnect.c:1865(cli_session_setup_spnego)
2017:05:19-08:40:18 portal [daemon:err] winbindd[25866]: Kinit failed: Client not found in Kerberos database

It's been going on since before this box was dropped in my lap.  AD authentication is working as I can test authentication just fine.  Any ideas what to do?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Andrew,

I googled site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f Kinit failed -succeeded

The thread that caught my eye indicated that this might be solved by un-joining and then re-joining the UTM to the domain.  Un-join by using incorrect credentials and then join again using valid credentials.  If that didn't work, you might need to rename your UTM using only lowercase letters before joining again - see The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz.  Any luck with either approach?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Andrew,

I googled site:community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f Kinit failed -succeeded

The thread that caught my eye indicated that this might be solved by un-joining and then re-joining the UTM to the domain.  Un-join by using incorrect credentials and then join again using valid credentials.  If that didn't work, you might need to rename your UTM using only lowercase letters before joining again - see The Zeroeth Rule in Rulz.  Any luck with either approach?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data