VPN Service with UTM recommendations?

With the recent House/Senate votes to allow ISPs to sell users web traffic, and the increased interest in VPN services, I'm wondering if anyone has already stood up a VPN router or is trying out the various services on their computers?

I have been using Tunnelbear on my phone sparingly at coffee shops, etc., but have always had trouble with it connecting when on my home wifi.  I never gave it much mind before, but am curious if something in the UTM is blocking it...and if I would encounter the same thing with other VPN services.

Anyone tried NordVPN, ExpressVPN, IPVanish...etc.?

Thanks,

• In reply to maverhick:

I don't know about the Netgear, but I would presume it is more powerful then the RT-N66U.

Give it a shot and let us know.

You can do a trial with AirVPN.  That is the one I got the router working on.

• In reply to RobertBurri:

I know its an old question but i am facing the same UTM Blocking, Will it also work for other VPN, Like i am also trying to create a rule for allowing dns groups and portals for PureVPN, Will it also work on it? These are its servers.

www.purevpn.com/server-location

• In reply to BAlfson:

Hi, I have NordVPN. Can you advise how I can configure this to my XG firewall. I want to open NordVPN port in my firewall. Currently whenever I activate the VPN, it cripples traffic.

Thanks