This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why is the Summary data so inaccurate in the Executive report?

For a long time I have been only looking at the Summary section of the Executive weekly reports but I noticed recently that section is wildly inaccurate compared to the sections below it. I remember when I set Sophos up a year or so ago that the values did match as I used to look at the data more closely.

Is there some way to correct this? I logged into the firewall and did a vacuum on the accounting table and it came back without an error.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • A few updates later and I am still seeing the same inaccurate information. Hard to believe I am the only one experiencing this?

The summary still shows a fraction of the total in the graphs

• Please provide specific details. Post pretty pictures. My executive reports show the same summary information as per the detailed reports.

What version of UTM, what rules etc do you have ticked to log etc?

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• rfcat_vk said:

What version of UTM, what rules etc do you have ticked to log etc?

This question caught my eye as a possible reason for what I am experiencing, what rules do you have ticked to log? I assumed all data passing through the interface is "processed" and so logged, are you saying this is not the case, that I may have inadvertantly ticked something to tell UTM to ignore this traffic? Where is this located, maybe I can fix it?

Thanks

• Hi,

you need to explicitly tick log in each rule.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

Reply Children
  • Thanks, I looked at all of my firewall and NAT and each of them do have Advanced -> Log traffic / Log Initial packets checked. I was hoping that would be it.

FYI I am using 9.502-4 on Vmware Esx-i 6.5 using 3 interfaces WAN, LAN and a company VPN network

• Hi,

don't forget the up2date packages only get counted against the wan interface.

Other than that I can't think of much else.

My external interface shows less overall traffic then my main internal interface.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA