This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

dhcp static mapping not working

version 9.353-4  on a sophos 220

we have dhcp scopes set  with the tick box   "Clients with static mappings only"

we have hosts defined in definitions and userss >network defintions 

the dhcp is giving out the ip addresses reserved for static hosts

so 2 problems

1. the rule static mappings only is not working

2. it is ignoring the static mappings also

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Neil, unlike with Windows Server, the UTM's DHCP server does not make "reservations." You must make static assignments outside of the "Range" assigned dynamically by DHCP.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Is there a way to view which static mappings are active?  I was expecting to see them in the lease table but I guess as the mappings are defined outside the scope, it doesn't display.

I can see in the log that DHCP is provisioning the correct ip to MAC, but I would like it listed in a table somewhere as to which ones are active.

Maybe it is somewhere else?

Thanks

• Is there a way to view which static mappings are active?  I was expecting to see them in the lease table but I guess as the mappings are defined outside the scope, it doesn't display.

I can see in the log that DHCP is provisioning the correct ip to MAC, but I would like it listed in a table somewhere as to which ones are active.

Maybe it is somewhere else?

Thanks

Children