This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unclassified Traffic

Hello. What is the unclassified traffic that i see everyday (see attachment)? It is the most traffic that i have and don't know waht it is in a daily basis.
The firewall runs with version 9.307.

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi All, not meaning to hijack this post but we are trying to ascertain why Zoom traffic is considered unclassified traffic, also want to be able to make sure our Firewall passes all 8081 & 8082 traffic so Zoom conversations can occur fluidly.

So much packet loss according to Zoom statistics at the moment and we believe it is our Firewall.

Currently on 9.703-3...

•  
    Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply but that article is about MS Teams and involves different port numbers, etc..

I've read through a lot of the articles on here and applied a few of the suggestions (throttling & DSCP etc) but we still get grainy and choppy calls. 

Have a managed 200MB leased line with decent infrastructure internally to deal with everything. Just wondering what else I could be missing out... oh and Zoom traffic going over ports 8081 and 8082 still show up in unclassified traffic...

• Oops! I guess I saw Zoom and read Teams.

In any case, with a long-time client this week, I watched their SG 125 during three different 15-minute Teams meetings.  I had made Exceptions for scanning for AV and Snort.  Top showed lots of swapping and high CPU usage.  We'll try a more-powerful PC with a demo license before we decide whether to move to a software version or a 135.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Oops! I guess I saw Zoom and read Teams.

In any case, with a long-time client this week, I watched their SG 125 during three different 15-minute Teams meetings.  I had made Exceptions for scanning for AV and Snort.  Top showed lots of swapping and high CPU usage.  We'll try a more-powerful PC with a demo license before we decide whether to move to a software version or a 135.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data