This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Advice on mult static WAN IP address setup

I am about to change ISPs and I am moving from BT that provides 1 dynamic IP address to Zen that provides 8 static (5 useable).
I understand that I add the 4 additional IP addresses on the 2nd Tab "Additional Addresses".
However for the 1st WAN IP address setup do I use DHCP or enter it statically on the Sophos UTM PPPoE I/F .
If statically where do I enter the WAN gateway address?
Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Ok - I think I have worked all this out now.[:)]
  • I am about to change ISPs and I am moving from BT that provides 1 dynamic IP address to Zen that provides 8 static (5 useable).
    I understand that I add the 4 additional IP addresses on the 2nd Tab "Additional Addresses".
    However for the 1st WAN IP address setup do I use DHCP or enter it statically on the Sophos UTM PPPoE I/F .
    If statically where do I enter the WAN gateway address?
    Thanks

Hi - if you don't mind me asking, how do you get this working?  I am now in a similar situation and cannot for the life of me figure it out.  I now have DSL (ugh) using PPPoE to connect.  I too received a block of 8 static IPs w/ 5 usable.  However I've been trying to put my DSL modem into transparent bridge mode and configure the WAN interface of Sophos UTM with a static IP and 255.255.255.248 (/29) and can't get it to work.  I just seem to be going in circles.  My DSL Modem defaults to an IP of 192.168.0.1 yet that's the same IP I'm trying to use for my Sophos UTM's LAN interface.

Thanks for your help.