This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ipv6 prefix delegation over pppoe

Hi,

I'm trying to get ipv6 working.
The dutch provider xs4all gives each end-user a /48 prefix ip addres space.
When I connect to this provider with a Linux box or fritzbox , it seems that I get a /64 prefix delegated for the lan.

However , with UTM , I can't get it working.

I tried with two recent versions of the software appliance

asg-9.109-1.1
asg-9.200-11.1

They're currently running on a esxi5.1 platform.

When using asg-9.109-1.1 , I get sometimes a /48 prefix delegated (visible in the ipv6 menu) but nothing is delegated to the lan interface , even I enter :: in it, or another address in the delegated subnet.

When using asg-9.200-11.1 , i'm getting no delegation at all. 

Of course the automatic renumbering is active in both cases.

In all tests i've taken the time to timeout the previous delegation of the provider.

In all tests i've tested with two different wan setups. With or without VDSL active (just with or without vlan tag).
The behaviour is the same both are working fine with ip4v , and not with ipv6 pd.

I'm able to provide required logging whenever needed.

Kind regards,

Roel

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

I have a case open with Sophos now.  However I was wondering if you guys manually set up the IPV6 and eventually saw the delegation in the summary window?  I got the delegation in the summary window only after I ticked the IPV6 default GW on the WAN interface, but I had already manually set up the IPV6 address stuff (the GW config was the last thing I did).  I was just wondering the state of your UTMs with a manually configured IPV6.

Thanks.
    Andrew.
  • Hi,

I have a case open with Sophos now.  However I was wondering if you guys manually set up the IPV6 and eventually saw the delegation in the summary window?  I got the delegation in the summary window only after I ticked the IPV6 default GW on the WAN interface, but I had already manually set up the IPV6 address stuff (the GW config was the last thing I did).  I was just wondering the state of your UTMs with a manually configured IPV6.

Thanks.
    Andrew.
Children
  • i had a sophos engineer in contact with me with the problem (for my unpaid licence) but kind of stuck right now on that.

if you have any bug id or ticket # please pm me and i can raise a ticket aswell with our paid work licence.

adhodgson: my understanding is that the prefix delegation with sophos can only be automatic as you cannot manually enter it anywhere (or?)

aside from that, when using another ipv6 capable router (with working ipv6 and delegation) in front of the sophos you can use dynamic and have no problem.

We have a static ipv6 at work now (including a static ipv6 prefix) and i cannot use that prefix. I might raise a ticket for that aswell.