This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lockout settings for Webadmin and user portal?

Clearly, I have not been paying attention lately...

I give up, where are the setting for triggering (and disabling) lockout of Webadmin and User Portal hiding now?

(9.107-33, home license)

Thanks
-jd

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • User Portal
    Management -> User Portal (Click slider to red to completely disable, change allowed interface or go advanced to disable certain features or change port.)

Webmin
    Management -> Webmin Settings (You cannot completely disable Webmin. It must be accessible by at least 1 network or known host.) 

Lockout Settings
    Definitions and Users -> Authentication Servers -> Advanced. 

Hope this helps. 
    -Kyle
  • Thanks Kyle

I guess I wasn't clear-
    I'm looking for the account lockout settings which used to be in the ASG, number of bad login attempts before lockout, and length of account/IP lockout, and never lockout addresses/networks.

I see that the settings aren't even hidden where they used to be on the back-end.  This is very problematic for folks in hostile networks (more and more of the world) where some granular control of this is needed.

thanks
    -jd
  • ...where are the setting for triggering (and disabling) lockout of Webadmin and User Portal hiding now?

Good to see you're still around the neighborhood Jack.

I think this is what you're looking for:

Definitions & Users | Authentication Servers | Advanced (Tab)
  • YES! That's where it went-

Thanks
    -jd
  • How do we unlock the account after the user is lockout not able to locate any option there

• You just have to wait until the block expires.  The default is 600 seconds.  I add "BAlfson (User Network)" to 'Never Block Networks' and then VPN in to get unlimited tries.

UPDATE 10 minutes later: Jaydeep says you only need to flush the authentication cache.  My post after his shows how to do that from the command line.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA