This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DHCP IPv4 - Clear client lease

Hi, 

I´m using UTM 9, and sometimes i need to clear (immediately) a specific client lease.

There is any way do that ? (Webadmin,console,SSH).

Thanks in advance,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Also, I'm not sure why the old expired leases are present and do not just fall off the database.

The DHCP service keeps those around for awhile in order to be able to assign the same IP if the MAC address shows up again.

Also, this is an older thread and the answer is, as it was in V8, to simply disable/enable the DHCP server.  The resizing trick needed during early V9 is no longer necessary, but it also will work.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Also, this is an older thread and the answer is, as it was in V8, to simply disable/enable the DHCP server.  The resizing trick needed during early V9 is no longer necessary, but it also will work.

Cheers - Bob

I was only able to clear my leases by shrinking the IP range and I'm on  9.315-2 - why they don't simply add a "Delete" button to the lease tables I'll never know.
  • So its 2 years later..

How do I clear out a DHCP lease?  or ever clear the entire DHCP lease table??  

I assigned a bunch of statics from the DHCP lease list, but they still appear in there..  how do I clear that list?

• Virtual Sopohos 9.510 and behaviour is still present. DHCP leases are persistent and the only way to delete is disable/shrink/enable.

Reply Children
No Data