This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DHCP IPv4 - Clear client lease

Hi, 

I´m using UTM 9, and sometimes i need to clear (immediately) a specific client lease.

There is any way do that ? (Webadmin,console,SSH).

Thanks in advance,

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • I think the fastest way... try making the range smaller.
    Then, restore your old range and your DHCP lease table should be empty.

I haven't tried this, but I think, that it could help you

Nice greetings
  • Thanks for your fast response GuyFawkes, but that would affect another clients in range. The solution that im searching must only affected the specific client.

Thanks anyway [;)]
  • You can try to edit "/var/chroot-dhcps/var/state/dhcp/dhcpd.leases" and restart the DHCP server by "/var/mdw/scripts/dhcpd restart".

But I'm not sure if the dhcpd (we use ISC dhcpd) keeps the lease table in memory and writes it to disk after a restart, so maybe you have to replace "restart" by "stop", edit the file and "start" it again...

Cheers
     Ulrich
  • Thank you very much [:)]
    Problem solved.
  • is there any eta to clear dhcp releases under the gui ?

should be  a basic function....

Regards
  • Toggle a DHCP server disable/enable and the leases for that DHCP server are cleared.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Toggle a DHCP server disable/enable and the leases for that DHCP server are cleared.

Cheers - Bob

Dear Bob,

Running UTM 9 Firmware version: 9.106-17 but no sulution here.
    I have to make the DHCP range smaller start/stop change it back and the it is cleard.

Is there an other solution ? [:S]

Regards,
    John
  • John, I know that the trick I described works everywhere I've tried it with that version, but, there is at least one other person here that has reported the same issue.

I think this version is as robust as 8.311, and I've recommended that all of my clients upgrade to V9 and Up2Date to it.  If you see this same issue with 9.106-17 on one of your units with a paid subscription, please get Sophos Support to look at it.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • John, I know that the trick I described works everywhere I've tried it with that version, but, there is at least one other person here that has reported the same issue.

I think this version is as robust as 8.311, and I've recommended that all of my clients upgrade to V9 and Up2Date to it.  If you see this same issue with 9.106-17 on one of your units with a paid subscription, please get Sophos Support to look at it.

Cheers - Bob

Thanks for the fast reply. I will wait for the next Firmware Up2Date on V9.
    Hope it will be fixed on the next release of 9.106-17.

Regards,
    John
  • Hi, please don't expect it to be fixed if you haven't reported it to support.

These forums are not officially monitored by Sophos.

Barry