This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting Link error when check Uplink Balancing

Hi 

Please look into my scenario and post the solution if any one know.

I have 2 Uplinks for ex L1 and L2 

L1 is connected to Interface eth1 and L2 on eth2
and eth0 is reserved for Internal network (LAN)

I wanted to make both link work with load balacing criteria 
I made all the possible settings related to Uplink and rule creation ,even though i facing proble that one link showing Interface as Up and Link as error
Please help me to come out of this.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi guys,

Same problem here. Im running Sophos UTM 9, firmware 9.408-4.

If i enable Uplink Balancing, one of my interfaces turn to ERROR (state=UP, link=ERROR). If i disable Uplink Balancing, the interface turn to UP again.

I've tryied to change some settings on Uplink Balancing, but any of them could fix the problem.

Any ideias?

• As da_merlin said, on the 'Uplink Balancing' tab, disable 'Automatic monitoring' and add your own Host.  I would use Google DNS 8.8.4.4.  Any luck with that?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I realize this is a pretty old thread. However, had the same issue with my SG115 and UTM 9.605-1, having PPPoE on eth1 and Telekom Speedbox (Huawei LTE router) on eth2. Using 8.8.4.4 as monitoring host worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Robert

• I realize this is a pretty old thread. However, had the same issue with my SG115 and UTM 9.605-1, having PPPoE on eth1 and Telekom Speedbox (Huawei LTE router) on eth2. Using 8.8.4.4 as monitoring host worked like a charm.

Thanks!

Robert

Children
No Data