This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

slfow , jflow , firewall analyzer and monitoring tools

we have 6 locations 3 protected by cisco asa  3 by ASG.  Lately we have invested in products like firewall analyzer from manage engine and foglight NMS and these devices work flawless with the asa to give us detailed information of the goings and comings of users, attackers and general traffic usage. 

because of these tools we were able to correlate an attack by a single attacker on 2 of our locations.

but now our astaro side is completely blind.  We cant access them in the same way and finding documentation on how is nonexistent.  so i ask what standard interface does astaro have beyond the basic snmp ( ram and cpu) that will allow us to get actionable information from all our ASGs and correlate that information across our enterprise.

Thank you.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, Astaro can copy the logs nightly to an SMB or FTP server, or you can use a syslog server for real-time log copying, or you can download them with SCP.

Barry
  • Hi Barry.  Can you point me to a guide or FAQ to do this. 

Basically  i am facing a uphill battle at work.   we are a crew of 3 , two are system admins and one is a network admin.  we recently got a new boss and he is a cisco guy.  The network guy was just hired too and he doesnt know much about anything that isnt cisco.  The two system guys have been taking care  of our firewall needs and we can do alot with astaro but certain things are challenges.  

The network guy and the new boss dont like astaro for the following reasons. 
    1. the support sucks ( i agree with them, it slow and when we have things like lock ups we are often told by astaro support they dont know what the problem is , we also have to wait on hold or wait for hours for call backs).
    2. It does alot in one box ( they dont like the fact it does so much and they rather have multiple devices doing what the one box does).
    3.Its running on a dell server 
    4. It isnt a cisco asa , a cisco iron port or a cisco web application security appliance.
    5. they cant get instant information about exactly what IP on our network is using the most bandwith in realtime or detailed reports about a specific IPs network usage. 

I know for a fact that if something goes wrong with a cisco ASA only the network guy can fix it and us system guys will be twiddling our thumbs or making things worse because ASDM ( ciscos GUI) doesnt make sense to us when things are working fine much less when thigns are wrong.
  • Hi Barry.  Can you point me to a guide or FAQ to do this. 

Basically  i am facing a uphill battle at work.   we are a crew of 3 , two are system admins and one is a network admin.  we recently got a new boss and he is a cisco guy.  The network guy was just hired too and he doesnt know much about anything that isnt cisco.  The two system guys have been taking care  of our firewall needs and we can do alot with astaro but certain things are challenges.  

The network guy and the new boss dont like astaro for the following reasons. 
    1. the support sucks ( i agree with them, it slow and when we have things like lock ups we are often told by astaro support they dont know what the problem is , we also have to wait on hold or wait for hours for call backs).
    2. It does alot in one box ( they dont like the fact it does so much and they rather have multiple devices doing what the one box does).
    3.Its running on a dell server 
    4. It isnt a cisco asa , a cisco iron port or a cisco web application security appliance.
    5. they cant get instant information about exactly what IP on our network is using the most bandwith in realtime or detailed reports about a specific IPs network usage. 

I know for a fact that if something goes wrong with a cisco ASA only the network guy can fix it and us system guys will be twiddling our thumbs or making things worse because ASDM ( ciscos GUI) doesnt make sense to us when things are working fine much less when thigns are wrong.
Children