This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Weird DNS problem

I have setup like this:
-Astaro drives 2 lans: 192.168.1.0/24 (called "internal") and 192.168.2.0/24 (called "web")
-there is windows domain on 192.168.1.0/24 network with its own dns server (for resolving computer's names), on windows domain controler dns redirection to Astaro is set;
-both lans are connected only through Astaro;
-Astaro has couple of DNS servers set as forwarders (including OpenDNS), and domain controller is also on the list;
-on 192.168.2.0/24 lan there is a web server connected to "web" LAN on 192.168.2.1, and to "internal" LAN on 192.168.1.249 (it has got 2 separate NICs), NAT rules on Astaro allow the server to be visible from WAN and a domain on external DNS is set (for example: my-host.my-network.com );
-on Astaro in DNS -> Static entries are set for that domain to be visible from "internal" - a rule that maps my-domain.com to 192.168.1.249 (previously it was 192.168.2.1, but behaviour was the same);
-Astaro's "external" interface has 2 IP addresses set: one (let's say for example 1.2.3.4) I use for various NATs, second one (for example 1.2.3.5) I use for web only.

And here is the problem:
-on some computers in "internal" host my-host.my-domain.com is resolved as Astaro's "external" IP 1.2.3.5, and the website is not accessible from "internal";
-on those computers pinging my-host.my-domain.com pings 1.2.3.5 successfully, despite other mapping is set;
-soon after restarting Astaro pinging my-host.my-domain.com pings 192.168.1.249 and website is accessible, couple of minutes later doing the same pings 1.2.3.5 and website doesn't work from internal;
-website works from the outside all the time, without problems;
-setting static entry in "hosts" on windows box in domain solves the problem on computers with "automatic DNS", but cannot be done on every computer - there are some laptops with XP, Vista, and 7, changing DNS cache expiry on a computer does not solve the problem;
-on the computer with DNS set to Astaro (as primary) and domain controler (secondary) problem is not observed.

My goal is for the website to be accessible all the time from both LAN and WAN,
I can provide more details if requested.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.