This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FTP Proxy Timeout

I am experiencing a lot of FTP timeouts when using FTP Proxy. I have the AV set to use only one scanner, and only to scan up to 20MB. I believe it has to do the the VSProgressMsgs configuration option in /var/chroot-ftp/etc/frox.conf. If I am reading it right it will send a progress message to the FTP client (150-Downloaded 5394032 bytes to proxy) every 30 seconds. This is too high for most clients, even browsers such as firefox or IE timeout at 15 seconds. I would set this to 10 seconds. Can I put in a feature request to get this changed?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Sounds like it is a bug to me, not a feature. [;)]

Open a ticket if you have support...
  • Thank you, your question answers a lot of trouble I have had downloading large files. Partial downloads especially with IE of any form would take about 6 attempts to download. The failures were not consistent enough to be able to identify a cause, I had put it down to link usage.

Maybe a fix in v7.100.

Ian M
  • After changing VSProgressMsgs, in /var/chroot-ftp/etc/frox.conf, on a test box I had on VM, the timeouts stopped and I was able to download any size file via FTP on IE. This is a simple change on one line of a configuration file. If it does not make it to the next up2date, it will only prove my suspicions that Astaro does not listen to the community or their customers regarding a product that should still be in beta!