This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Socks Proxy Question

I have a question about the socks proxy...

I have my socks proxy enabled and I can connect use an FTP client through it, but only if I use the IP address of the computer I am connecting to (i.e. Domain names wont work).

I have my DNS proxy enabled as well but it doesn't resolve names through the proxy server. Is there somthing else I need to enable or setup in order to use this?

I am currently running ASL 3.217

Thanks in Advance

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • u8o41,

did you enter working forwarding name servers and specified the interfaces to listen on
    an of course the allowed networks are important too...

read you
    o|iver  
  • The Name servers I have listed are the DNS servers used by my ISP, and (I assume that they are working since my \eth0 interface is listed as my only DNS server on my client machine)

I have my eth0 listed as the only interface to listen on. (The only other option is my external DSL).

The only allowed network is my Internal network. 

Should I change any of these settings. it seems logical to me taht the only networks that need to use my DNS proxy are the ones on my internal network, but that very well could be my problem...

Thanks