This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM (VM) - USB NIC detected and setup but DOWN and wont come UP. Works fine in all other Linux VMs

Hi all, I recently decided to try and modify my Sophos UTM so that it would be compatible with a 2Gb fiber internet connection.

I am running Sophos UTM 9.702-1 on an ESXi 6.7 host and I am passing through a QNAP/Aquantia AQC111U USB 3.0 to 5Gbe device. Sophos detects it correctly and I was able to set it as my WAN port in the Dashboard. But the status is DOWN DOWN and I cant get it to come up. On the switch the link is down and I see not lights. If I remove it from the Sophos VM and add it to another Ubuntu 18.04 VM it gets detected and the link comes up on both ends.

IP info says there NO-CARRIER but I think this is something Sophos is doing. When I disconnect it from the Linux VM  and connect it to the Sophos VM the physical connection is still there on the switch. It is only when I boot up the Sophos VM that the link on the switch dies.

Any idea why its not coming up in the Sophos VM?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.