This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM time synchronization issue

Hi,

our Sophos UTM SGS115 (with 9.701 firmware) itself does not sync time with configured NTP servers. 

The UTM has drifted to 1 minute off of the assigned NTP pool servers (according to the "Test Configured Servers" button on the Time and Date page under System Settings).

How can I force sync manually and how can I check that NTP works fine?

Thank you

Radovan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The new finding is that "ntpdate -v -u tik.cesnet.cz" command, from shell command line access, works fine. But but regular GUI configured sync doesn't work.

Radovan

• Ahoj Radovan,

When I change the time for the UTM to an incorrect one and then click on [Apply] under 'Synchronize Time with Internet Server', the time is corrected - is that the button you used to test this?

Did you then also click on the refresh icon at the top of the page for the time listed in 'Set date and time' to change to the correct time?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Ahoj Radovan,

When I change the time for the UTM to an incorrect one and then click on [Apply] under 'Synchronize Time with Internet Server', the time is corrected - is that the button you used to test this?

Did you then also click on the refresh icon at the top of the page for the time listed in 'Set date and time' to change to the correct time?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data