This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[WARN-032/33] Internet uplink is down/up

Hello there,

I am facing with a trouble, my Sophos often send email inform WAN interface down/up while nothing happen (no losing connection, no VPN drop...)

Should I restart the device, update firmware or do something? Who else have the same experience, please help

Any advice will be appreciated 

Best regard,

Vu

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

I assume this is the way you configured the firewall to check the health of your WAN link.

How did you configure that ? In Interfaces & Routing > Uplink Monitoring > Advanced, did you select Automatic monitoring or did you select manual hosts to check the health ?

Regards

Viken

XG Certified Architect

Sophos Gold Partner - Reseller from Lyon, France

• Hi Viken,

Yes, here is my config, when have a WAN was died, a backup one will auto active then Sophos will send notify to my mailbox.

Many thanks for your interesting 

• Hello  

Could you try to uncheck the "automatic monitoring" checkbox, and create two hosts to monitor, like your ISP gateway, or google dns hosts (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Then see if the issue is resolved ?

Regards

Viken

XG Certified Architect

Sophos Gold Partner - Reseller from Lyon, France

• Hi Viken,

I just look more about "automatic monitoring"

"It is in the online help: By default Automatic Monitoring is enabled to detect possible interface failures. This means that the health of all uplink balancing interfaces is monitored by having them ping a random host on the Internet at an interval of 15 seconds. If a host does not ping anymore the respective interface is regarded as dead and not used anymore for distribution."

I will try your recommendation & let you know

Thank you,

Vu

• Hi Viken,

I just look more about "automatic monitoring"

"It is in the online help: By default Automatic Monitoring is enabled to detect possible interface failures. This means that the health of all uplink balancing interfaces is monitored by having them ping a random host on the Internet at an interval of 15 seconds. If a host does not ping anymore the respective interface is regarded as dead and not used anymore for distribution."

I will try your recommendation & let you know

Thank you,

Vu

Children