This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to disable UTM Manager on UTM 9.605

We are (mostly) replicating a UTM config for a client moving locations. For a time, both sites will have a UTM in place. I restored the config from the current site UTM to the new, and am working on the minor changes required. However, I cannot disable Sophos UTM Manager under Management > Central Management as it says "Licensing Info - Deactivation of Central Management, changing of SUM host and features are disabled as MSP Licensing is activated!".

I changed the hostname, rebooted, connected to the internet and can access the new UTM on the external address.

The new UTM never appears in the SUM for activation/Licensing.

To remove any issues of duplicate UTMs reporting to the SUM, I Reset the config on the new UTM and started again, even using a new fqhn for the hostname. The result was the same as if the SUM is now not able to accept new UTMs.

The Device Agent Log on the UTM shows:

device-agent[5371]:   1 is not connected. Trying to connect
device-agent[5371]:   Updating SUM IP address for path: acc/server1/server
device-agent[5371]:   [1] Connecting to SUM (ip=<SUM IP>, port=4433).
device-agent[5371]:   [1] Using SUM SSL connection.
device-agent[5371]:   [1] We are now connected (ip=<SUM IP>, port=4433).
device-agent[5371]:   SUM ehlo notification from [1]
device-agent[5371]:   Found SUM version 4.309009. Treating it as release 4.3.
device-agent[5371]:   Full SUM support is granted as the current SUM version isn't lower than the minimal required SUM version of: 4.2
device-agent[5371]:   [1] Received 0 bytes (eof).
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 1 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 2 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 3 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 4 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 5 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 6 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 7 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 1 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 2 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 3 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 4 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 5 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 6 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   timer2 -> module 7 not executing: denied by role
device-agent[5371]:   1 is not connected. Trying to connect

Which then just repeats.

For a short time, the UTM showed connected to the SUM, in the "SUM Health" pane, but that changed to not connected (red circle/cross).

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get this UTM connected, or how to further diagnose the issue?

Thanks

Bob E.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

Thanks for the ticket number.

It turned out to be the exact same issue I mentioned earlier.

If a backup from an existing (and joined to the same SUM) UTM is restored to a new or replacement device, it will fail to join the SUM. This is due to the backup containing the same unique system ID that the SUM uses to identify the devices. You will see logs like " device is already connected"  in the SUM log. The way around this is to reset the system ID and write those changes in a specific file. After that, you will be able to join into SUM.

And for issues like this, you need to contact Sophos Support as they're the only ones authorized to make changes that will resolve the issue.

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Hi  

Thanks for the ticket number.

It turned out to be the exact same issue I mentioned earlier.

If a backup from an existing (and joined to the same SUM) UTM is restored to a new or replacement device, it will fail to join the SUM. This is due to the backup containing the same unique system ID that the SUM uses to identify the devices. You will see logs like " device is already connected"  in the SUM log. The way around this is to reset the system ID and write those changes in a specific file. After that, you will be able to join into SUM.

And for issues like this, you need to contact Sophos Support as they're the only ones authorized to make changes that will resolve the issue.

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

Regards

Jaydeep

Children
No Data