This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a way to force an email out from UTM?

Hi,

I've been getting to grips with the UTM (Home license) for a few days and creating a few outbound firewall rules to allow apps such as crashplan and my security camera viewer establish their connections.   But the email alerts from the UTM have stopped.

Prior to configuring the UTM as the default gateway a few days ago, I was getting some mails from the UTM to my gmail address for things like updates, failed logon or whatever.  Unfortunately, these were going into spam.  In Outlook, I moved to inbox and tried to flag the mail as non-spam.

However, I have not seen any mails since.  Not to inbox, nor to spam.  So I'm wondering if there's a 'test email' option to make sure the mail is actually being sent out?

And any troubleshooting advice would be appreciated - is there a log I can look at to determine why a send mail would have failed?

FWIW, I enabled the daily report yesterday but have not received anything overnight.  I've now checked the pdf option and archive the pdf so at least I'll know if the report is generated tomorrow.

cheers

Dave

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

I assume you've not looked into the advance settings under Management > Notifications > Advanced. By default, the sender Email address is do-not-reply@fw-notify.net and if it's not changed, you might face issues while receiving emails on Gmail or Live mail accounts as they would most probably discard it as spam before even showing up on your Inbox or Spam folder.

Now, if you have a Gmail account without two-factor authentication, you may simply configure your account in advanced settings as shown in the image below:

And if you have two-factor authentication enabled, you may try configuring as shown in this XG article: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124935 (This article is for XG but the steps are similar in UTM and in your google account to configure email notification.)

Change the sender Email address Management > Notifications > Global to your Gmail account.

To check the Email logs in UTM, you may check SMTP proxy logs under Logging & Reporting > View Log Files > Today's Log Files. 

Regards

Jaydeep

• Allrighty!!

I followed your directions (using app password as I have DFA) and am now getting my email alerts :)

thanks for your help

Reply Children
No Data