This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Proper Procedure to Power Up Second Node in HA Pair after Power Failure

I have what I hope is a simple question but cannot find an actual answer to.  We run a simple 2 node UTM 9 Hot Standby (active-passive) configuration,  Recently we experienced a total power failure and only node 1 came back up.  The other node did not come back up and we are not sure of it's current status.  The current powered up node is still in HA mode showing it as MASTER and ACTIVE. It obviously doesn't see the other node right now.  I am not a network engineer and the person responsible for setting this up has left the company and will not be of any help. 

So my question is simply this: Is it safe to attempt to power that node back on in the hopes that it comes back up syncs and takes it place as the SLAVE? Or is there a risk it could bring down or screw up the current MASTER node?  I am just wondering what the recommended procedure is. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data