This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to do manual takeover/switchover with UTM

Hi,

we currently plan to move one node of our Active/Passive cluster to a different Rack (same DC). We already prepared everything for this but a last question arose from that: How can we do proper takeovers?

I know, when up2date the cluster, the slave and master are being updated separately and they do an automatic smooth takeover. I also know that there are Reboot and Shutdown buttons besides the nodes and i know of the CLI command "ha_daemon -c takeover".

So what i need is a reliable and smooth way to switchover/takeover from the current master to the current slave (ready state) and - if needed - a way to login to a slave and get him up as a master (in case of something really goes wrong). Can i simply reboot the master, so the cluster makes a switchover to the Slave and the Master comes up as the new Slave (we don't have preferred master setting set).

Or can we login to the master via CLI or SSH and use the ha_daemon command the same way?

Wasn't able to find reliable information on that.
Thanks for helping me!

Martin

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data