This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bridging wireless network to eth4

I am trying to setup a bridge from a new created wireless network to eth4 port on a SG125 v9.605-1.

We want a separate wireless SSID for some handheld scanners that will connect to a server connected to the eth4 port on the SG125.

I have setup the wireless network but ran into some issues when setting up the network interface in bridge mode, the virtual wireless interface, wlan5, did not show up as a choice of NICs when setting up the Ethernet bridge. It does show up if I select Ethernet only, so I setup the network interface as Ethernet and then changed it to a Ethernet bridge and this seemed to work as the wlan5 virtual interface showed and was selected so I just added eth4 to the list, enabled ARP broadcasting and saved the changes.

All of the equipment is setup with static IP information so no DHCP or DNS is necessary. After finishing the setup the server is able to ping the SG125 at the configured IP address, but not the wireless device, the wireless device, currently a laptop, can't ping the server or the SG125.

I added a firewall rule from bridged interface to bridged interface with any service, but this didn't make a difference.

This seems to be a very simple setup but I must be missing some piece to the puzzle as I can't get it working.

Spoke to support this morning and they seemed as puzzled as I was about it not working.

Thanks,

Ken

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi  

I assume you have already followed this article Sophos UTM: How to bridge a Sophos Access Point to the LAN and what do you see in the Firewall logs(also known as packetfliter logs) ? If you can put some of those relevant logs lines here, I can comment further.

Regards

Jaydeep

• Thanks for the response, this is currently a working unit and I have a production SSID setup as bridged to AP LAN and a guest SSID setup as separate zone.

I setup the new SSID as a separate zone with the thought that it would keep it separate from our production environment. I'll change the wireless network to bridge to AP LAN to see what that does.

Thanks,

Ken

• Hi Ken and welcome to the UTM Community!

I have many clients that are using what you've tried to configure.  Bridging to AP LAN will not allow you to isolate the traffic from LAN traffic.  You will want to follow Jaydeep's suggestion to post config pic(s) and a few lines from the Firewall log.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Ken and welcome to the UTM Community!

I have many clients that are using what you've tried to configure.  Bridging to AP LAN will not allow you to isolate the traffic from LAN traffic.  You will want to follow Jaydeep's suggestion to post config pic(s) and a few lines from the Firewall log.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data