This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG210 stops passing https traffic

We have an SG210 currently running fw version 9.605-1 but the problem has been happening for more than a year so I don't really think the fw version is important. What happens is at random times web traffic just completely stops and sites time out. We are not using decrypt and scan for https traffic. I've tried disabling web filtering completely, as well as IPS, virus scanning, and ATP one at time and all at once but it still drops out. The problem seems to very random it can happen 2 or three times a day or once every two three weeks. To get it back up I can either reboot the utm, disable the WAN interface /or pull the WAN cable for about 20 - 30 seconds and everything goes back to normal. The live logs don't really show much when it's happening other that a bunch of sites timing out. The problem only pops up during working hours and I can't get much troubleshooting in with the phone ringing off the hook and people coming to my office to tell me its down again. Has anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions on what to look at?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • never seen.

Seems to be a problem with external connection.

You are able to ping the ISP-gateway?

I would place a switch between SG & ISP and pull the SG cable first and ISP cable next.

If pulling the SG cable don't solve the problem, the ISP-Router is defect.

But if pulling the SG cable solves the problem, try another Port at SG or RMA the device.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a try!

• Check the Anti-DOS/Flood settings as well since google chrome uses UDP 443 these days for a lot of the traffic.

Most likely an ISP issue. 

• MasterRoshi said:

Check the Anti-DOS/Flood settings as well since google chrome uses UDP 443 these days for a lot of the traffic.

Thanks for the reply, I just checked anti-DOS flood protection and none of the options are enabled, I believe I turned them off in a previous trouble shooting session.

• MasterRoshi said:

Check the Anti-DOS/Flood settings as well since google chrome uses UDP 443 these days for a lot of the traffic.

Thanks for the reply, I just checked anti-DOS flood protection and none of the options are enabled, I believe I turned them off in a previous trouble shooting session.

Children
No Data