This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to set IP-Range as "Source" in a multipath-rule ?

Hello Professionals,

I have about 20 SIP IP phones in my network and use several Internet lines. i would like to route all sip-traffic via a specific interface.

For this I would like to create a multipath-rule, which directs all traffic over the interface "telekom".

So I want to make sure my telephony works solid. (I have a DSL interface and a LTE / 4G interface. -->Sip-traffic should be routed via the DSL interface.)

Why can only 'one' host and no group or IP range, be added to the multipath-rule?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • at my SG (9.605.1) ip-range is not an option as source within multipath rules.

But "network Group" or "network" (subnet-definition) is an option.

I think the network group should not contain an IP-Range...

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• at my SG (9.605.1) ip-range is not an option as source within multipath rules.

But "network Group" or "network" (subnet-definition) is an option.

I think the network group should not contain an IP-Range...

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

Children
  • hi Dirk,

thanks for your help.

yes indeed, the network group did not allow me to add an IP-Range Object:

but network-group was the right option for me.

The problem ist solved, by adding every IP as a host object, and adding them to the network-group. (the clone option helped me, but it was still a lot of work/clicking.)

It works like that, thanks again!!