This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

The User Portal page doesn't display from external network

We are using the Sophos UTM 9 SG310 version 9603-1

We set up the SSL VPN a few months ago, and users were able to connect to the Sophos UTM User Portal from outside the network and install the client.

Now they can no longer connect.

Both the name and IP resolved a ping request and using both IE and Chrome gives the same result.

the tab in IE shows "user portal" but all i see is a blank page.

I can see this happened a number of years ago on an older version of the firmware.

I updated the firmware to the latest version this past weekend, but it did not resolve the issue.

We haven't made any changes to the user portal setup, but we did add a few more networks and routing as we are integrating with a new company.

Any other ideas of what I can try?

Thanks

Tammy

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Tammy,

Did you try disabling and then enabling the User Portal?  Can you access the User Portal from the Internal network?  Have you tried moving the User Portal from port 443 to an alternative like 2443?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

When I disable the user portal the request replies back as "can't reach this page" - so it's different - but still not working when I re-enable it.

I have tried port 2443 and others, still same result.

Yes, I can reach the user portal from the internal network.

I've tried using the dns name and by IP - same result.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Tammy

• Update - This time I tried using the public DNS name - rather than the IP address - and it worked.

So i'm guessing that disabling/re-enabling might have helped - but it's strange that the public DNS name didn't work last week, but now it does.

It's very slow to resolve and display the page, but at least it works.

Thanks!