This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Inbound rules for local machine connected to vpn

Totally new to sophos UTM. Heres my scenario....

I have a rule that allows all traffic out (internal(network) - Any - Any)

That clearly allows everything to work for me outbound.  I also have another inbound rule that allows any IP address to connect to my media server via a single port.  That allows it to be accessible from outside my network.  That works great too.

This is where my problem starts... 

I have a server on my network that is always connected to a vpn providor (PIA) that is based in another country.  The server that I am connected too allows port forwarding.  I cant, for the life of me allow that server to download files from the internet.  I have a feeling it has to do with the wan address that it has as well as the constantly rotating port numbers due to the port forwarding.

I have no clue where to go with this.  I have tried setting up any - any - any rules inbound and still cant get it to work (just for testing) unless im just doing it wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cant use my current setup as is unless i can figure out sophos.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey MM - welcome to the UTM Community!

It's not clear to me whether you have a routing problem, a DNS problem or what.  Let's eliminate some possibilities.  Do #1 in Rulz and tell us what you learned.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hey MM - welcome to the UTM Community!

It's not clear to me whether you have a routing problem, a DNS problem or what.  Let's eliminate some possibilities.  Do #1 in Rulz and tell us what you learned.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data