This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM and Sophos XG Virtual for Testing

Hello, 

I have a working Sophos UTM in my home environment. I would like to test Sophos XG. But as I understand there is not yet an automatic migration tool available, to convert the UTM configuration to Sophos XG. 

What I have done yet is installed the XG in Virtual Box with the following Network Adapters (Adapter 1 Bridged,  Adapter 2 NAT) With this configuration I can reach the Console of the XG. 

How do I have to configure the UTM and XG to have them side by side and be able to really test the XG ?

Can someone please give me some advices ? 

Thx

best regards

Sally

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • It is up to you.

You could replace UTM, you can place XG somewhere in your Environment. You could use XG as a Bridge device. etc. etc. 

XG has in his basic deployments the same possibilities like UTM. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Children
  • To complete replace UTM with XG is a to big risk, since also the automatic migration tool is not yet available..

Im looking for a solution to use both side by side, to get first familiar with the new management console and handling, and really test all the features before going productive