This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Telstra NBN VDSL2 configuration

I had trouble finding how to configure this interface.  It is working now.  This is what I did.

I originally had a Telstra ADSL2 service running for a number of years.  I had a netgear modem running in bridge mode with the UTM interface configured as PPoE with a fixed IP address and supplying the username and password.

The service was upgraded to NBN recently.  Telstra supply their own V7610-1TLAUS modem.  This won't go into bridge mode so discard it.

I used a netgear DM200.  Firstly I configured it in normal modem / router mode with a laptop connected to ensure that the internet service was working.  Once this was established I changed the modem to modem only mode (netgear's terminology for bridge mode) and connected it to the eth port on the UTM.  I configured the eth interface to be - type ethernet - dynamic IpV4 - IpV4 default gateway.  It couldn't be simpler once you know how.  This configuration works fine for me.  Telstra NBN doesn't use a login and uses DHCP though you can supply the IP address if you like.

Hope this makes someone job simpler.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.