This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Routing to IP-Client not working as intended

Hello,

this is my first post in a forum ever, wish me luck.

So, I currently got the following situation:

- I got 3 ip-ranges, one is an old one, with still some clients in it, it was full before then I decided to split it into 2 new ones. It had weird IP addresses, so I just made two 192.168.x.x's.

- 192.168.5.x is our office net, 192.168.8.x is our production net. So far, all clients from one network can communicate with all clients from the other, which is intended.

- We now want to set up a mobile "desk" in the production hall. We have pretty good Wi-Fi coverage in there (Lancom Controller + AP's), so that shouldn't be a problem.

- Every client has an interface of our sophos with UTM 9 as their gateway.

Regarding the mobile "desk", there should be a printer and a serial device server in it, they both work over ethernet. But, because it has to be mobile, I had to setup an Access Point in Client mode in there, so far that looks good. The problem is, I can only ping every client if im pinging from inside the subnet of the AP. If I'm at my desk upstairs using my workstation, I can ping the AP, but not the client "behind" it.

To test it, I connected a Laptop to the AP, DHCP works, it got the IP 192.168.8.99, AP has the IP 192.168.8.189. The Laptop can connect to the sophos, ping my workstation etc., but my PC cant ping the laptop.

So, I guess I have to setup a static route on the UTM9? I did a gateway route with Network: Laptops IP, Gateway: AP IP, but that doesn't work. What exactly do I have to do? Help...

Sorry for the wall of text, I hope I wrote everything correctly and somebody can help me, it's kinda frustrating..

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
No Data