This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9 access control settings

Hi community,

I have a question about the Access Control Settings on UTM9.

I am looking for a way to give a user/administrator the rights to create and manage network objects (like computers). For the moment, the user has the "Web Protection Manager" right. But now he is not able to configure the MAC address of the computer objects, which is needed for DHCP configuration. As the user is not very experienced in UTM, I do not want to give him the rights to manage Firewall rules etc.

Is there a way to give him this kind of permissions? I cannot find anything on the administration interface or the internet.

Sending him to a training is not an option at the moment :-)

Thanks,

Thomas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo Thomas and welcome to the UTM Community!

You're correct, you must give him access to Network Protection at present.  Show him on the Management page how you can see everything he changes in WebAdmin and make it clear to him that he's not to touch firewall or NAT rules.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Thomas and welcome to the UTM Community!

You're correct, you must give him access to Network Protection at present.  Show him on the Management page how you can see everything he changes in WebAdmin and make it clear to him that he's not to touch firewall or NAT rules.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data