This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uplink Monitoring Alerts

I've been using a UTM9 appliance for a couple of years and have fiber Internet service from AT&T.  The patch from my AT&T router comes into one of my switches, which has a dedicated vlan which then goes to my 2 clustered UTM9 appliances, before each having a wire coming back to the switch on a separate vlan for connecting to my network.  My company recently upgraded our internet service with AT&T and we received a new router and circuit.  The new circuit was attached in the same way as the original and is set as our site's primary Internet circuit.  Everything is running as expected except I am receiving frequent WARN-32, WARN-33 messages that the internet uplink is going down and back up.  While I am experiencing these warnings there is no disruption to my internet service.

I did some digging and it appears that several years ago there was a bug in the uplink monitoring that was causing frequent notices that the uplinks were dropping out, could that still be the case even though I am running newer hardware than that original issue and I am up to date with my patching?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • What version are you on - 9.510?  Which appliance?

New fiber router from AT&T?  Hmmm, have you tried #7.7 in Rulz?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA