This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configuring IPV6 (Sky) with just a PD /56

Hello, 

I'm wondering if someone can assist?

I've recently configured Sky Broadband to work with my Sophos UTM. This was done by editing the DHCP config and adding in the client ID. This worked fine and I have a public IPV4 address assigned to my UTM and all is working well.

Whilst I was using their own router I noticed I had IPV6 connectivity, so thought I'd have a go at configuring it on the UTM.

When I enabled IPV6 from the menu, I was assigned a Prefix Delegation with a /56 subnet, however no IPV6 for the WAN Interface. It seems that Sky only provide the PD and leave the rest up to the user to configure...unless you use their router that is.

I've looked on this forum and found steps that indicate you assign the first /64 subnet of the PD to your LAN interface, I did this and still could not get any further. Clients on the LAN side have picked up a globally routed IPV6 address from the UTM but cannot traceroute past the UTM itself.

Firewall rules were configured to allow IPV6 outbound.

I've attempted to assign a local FE80:MAC encoded IPV6 address with a FE80:: default gateway which appeared on both the Sky box and a pfSense box that I tested with. Incidentally I performed the config setup on the pfSense and it worked first time so I know IPV6 is working correctly elsewhere.

Since Sky don't use DHCP on their v6 connection, I need to assign something to the WAN Interface but I'm not sure what this needs to be...on the pfSense box the WAN IP is the MAC encoded IPv6 address and the default gateway is also an FE80:: address.

Has anyone managed to get IPV6 running on Sky?

Happy to provide more information if this is lacking!

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.