This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Monitoring Web Filtering being turned off and generating a ticket when it is left off for more than 2 hours

Hello,

I am trying to determine a method to monitor the web filtering services on SG and if they are turned off for more than 2 hours email our helpdesk to generate a ticket to have someone log in and turn them on.

I have SG UTM's on V9.5+

I have iView setup and configured

I have SUM server setup and configured

If any of these will help anyone come up with a solution, that would be great.

Thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi Marcus,

if you want to check if someone disabled the configuration item you could either write a script for your monitoring system to check the configuration via API or via confd.

if you want to check if the service is running you can monitor the squid process via snmp

Yours Lukas

lna@cema

SCA (utm+xg), SCSE, SCT

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hi Marcus - looks like you've been around for awhile, but it's the first post I've seen from you - a belated welcome to the UTM Community!

The only HTTP-related notification I ever see from the UTM is "Http proxy not running - restarted."  If you're experiencing the Proxy being turned off and you can't see from the logs who did this, then I would get a ticket open with Sophos Support - that shouldn't happen!

At the command line, you can learn the REFs for the configured Profiles with:

cc get_objects http profile|grep \'ref\'

Check to see if any of the Profiles are off (0 instead of 1) with:

cc get_objects http profile|grep \'status\'

If you see that the Default Profile is off, you can enable it from the command line:

cc change_object REF_DefaultHTTPProfile status 1

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA