This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Intervlan routing

I have my Cisco switch with all my vlans configured and routing working. Now I plan to add a Sophos utm firewall, and will use its ip as the next hop on the Cisco. my question is, with this setup, can the firewall rules on the utm have any affect on the intervlan routing. For example stop one vlan accessing another. Or will the firewall rules only monitor internet traffic ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Firewall rules affect any traffic going through the UTM.

Every VLAN builds a single Interface.

if you Need Routing between them but no firewalling you need rules like "Group_all_my_VLAN_Interfacenetworks" any "Group_all_my_VLAN_Interfacenetworks" Permit.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Firewall rules affect any traffic going through the UTM.

Every VLAN builds a single Interface.

if you Need Routing between them but no firewalling you need rules like "Group_all_my_VLAN_Interfacenetworks" any "Group_all_my_VLAN_Interfacenetworks" Permit.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

Children